Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Show and Tell: Calendar Art Update

Remember my Calendar Art tutorial I did waaaaaaaaaaaay back last fall?  I don't blame you if you don't, it was one of the first projects I shared and I didn't have anywhere near as many visitors and bloggy friends as I do now.  (Which makes me super duper happy!)

Here's how it looked last fall:


As I mentioned in the original post, this wall is in a funny little alcove with a super low ceiling, and directly in front of the door to my very scary 100 year old basement.  So, not alot of people see this area, but I like to decorate funny little spaces like this with something special and eye-catching.

Here's how I changed it up at Christmas time with all red shoes:


And that's how it stayed up until................today~

But now I've created a nice colourful springtime look:

This space is so hard to take photos of.
I literally went cross eyed trying to get a good shot.
You can take a step back in time to 2010 and learn how to make this project here .  This is the calendar that I used:

I couldn't stop myself and I bought this year's version of the same calendar.  I can't believe it but, I think it's even prettier!  I can't wait to add this years images to my Calendar Art~

What do you do with your old calendars?  Leave a comment and share your ideas.

13 comments:

Angela from what would angela do? said...

Cute, unique idea. Love it :)

Miss Kitty said...

I LOVE the photos from the shoe calendars! You have done a great job of letting them have another life and being able to be appreciated by even more eyes. My daughter has a love affair with shoes AND a new apartment...I am going to share this idea with her. Thanks for posting this...I saw it at Funky Junk Interiors party.

Donna@My Sweet Things said...

Oh how I love this! Very clever in using photo corners so you can always change it up! Thanks for sharing such a great idea!

Lyuba @ Will Cook For Smiles said...

As a shoe-holic, just want to say! I LOVE IT!!!!
Following you now,
Hope you can stop by my little corner at http://willcookforsmiles.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

wow! That's all I can say. I love shoes!

I am having a fine art photography giveaway by Melanie Alexander. Check it out!
I am having a fine art photography giveaway by Melanie Alexander. All you need to do is leave me a comment telling me which is your favorite image.check it out!
http://houseonashwelllane.blogspot.com/2011/04/fine-art-photography-giveaway-by.html

Rebecca @ My Girlish Whims said...

this is such a cute idea. decorating with shoe pictures??? always a good idea :) Thanks for linking up to Your Whims Wednesday!

Bonnie@ The Hopeless Romantic said...

I like to decorate quirky little spots too. Shoes? Who Knew?(said in my best Christopher Lowell voice, LOL). This may be an awesome idea for the closet......ur latest follower, Bonnie

Becky@Beyond The Picket Fence said...

That is shoetacular! Thanks for sharing at Beyond The Picket Fence.

Debbie @ OtRD said...

What a fun idea! I love getting petty calenders that I can later frame.

nicolette {momnivores dilemma} said...

Tamara-

Using photo corners is a smart idea! I am one who tires of art easily...so I will be archiving this for the future...

Thanks for linking to Creative Juice...I am always impressed by your posts here at Etcetorize!

Katherine said...

Love this idea..and all the shoes! Thanks for linking this up!

Anonymous said...

aww that is such a cute idea!! Simple too! and as always, thank you so much for linking up to Handmade Tuesdays @ Ladybug Blessings. www.ladybug-blessings.com

Candace said...

What a great idea! I love how it turned out. I have all sorts of funky little spaces with low ceilings in my new home. Thank you for the inspiration!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...